- is a way of being church for families and children involving fun
- is found across the world
- values are about being Christ-centred, for all ages, based on creativity, hospitality and celebration
The objectives of Messy Church are:
- To create an opportunity for all ages to worship together
- To help people of all ages feel they belong in church and to each other
- To help people have fun together
- To give people a chance to express their God-given creativity
- To invite people into an experience of Christian community
- To introduce people to Jesus through hospitality, friendship, stories and worship
- Affirmation of all skills and gifts and of all people who feel they have something to offer – for the whole church to be involved with outreach
We meet on the last Sunday of each month and the programme is something like this:
- 3pm register, meet and mingle
- 3.30 messy crafts
- 4.30 worship together
- 4.45 we eat together
- 5.15 go home
It’s a lot of fun, very informal, and it’s good to see families together enjoying themselves. To check the dates see the Activities Calendar.
To date, our meetings have included:
- ‘God’s family and Our family’ – Abraham
- ‘I am the true vine’
- ‘Light of the World’
- 'A new start'
- We thought about ‘The Good Shepherd’
- In December we had a Christmas celebration
We’ve had between 21 and 36 attending and we look forward to welcoming all our regulars back as well as some new faces in the next few months. We’ve had a lot of fun and we’ve met some new people who we hope have enjoyed their time with
us and will come again.
It is providing us with a very good vehicle to meet people from our community but not necessarily worshipping with us on a Sunday morning.